Factory reset Galaxy S2: Do you think your Galaxy s2 got death ? Follow the step by step easy instruction to Samsung Galaxy s2 factory reset. Before we go through you should know why and how to hard reset Galaxy s2.
Galaxy s2 works with 2G Network GSM 850 – 900 -1800 – 1900 and 3G Network HSDPA 900 – 1900 -2100. The Galaxy s2 will work good, for voice but you have to double check if you expect 3G 1700 or with the 3G 2100 frequency is ok to use this phone for data connection in your area.
I have using the Galaxy S2 GT – 19100 I using this for last 2 years still yet it’s very user friendly. But at sometimes when I open the message inbox Galaxy s2 shows the time that I read the inbox message, not the exact time it was sent. As a result I feel bothering about this issue. Sometimes it’s got hanged due to play game for a hours or two. And few others kind of problem like freezing – hanging etc. If you don’t know how to fix Galaxy s2 freezing or hanging problem, I suggest you can reset Samsung Galaxy s2 very easily. Follow the steps below for apply Galaxy s2 Back up and reset. Also you like to know the 5 simple tips about how to Speed up your Samsung Galaxy that’s really works.
Table of content
- 1 Factory reset Galaxy S2: using settings menu to fix freezing – hanging problem
- 2 Hard reset Galaxy s2: Awaken your Galaxy s2 – most popular method
- 3 Reset Samsung galaxy s2: using factory format reset code
- 4 7 Process to avoid Galaxy S2 factory reset – hang – freezing problem
- 5 What will be happened once you perform this Galaxy S2 factory reset method
Once you tap on Erase now, your Galaxy s2 will reboot itself and your all kind of phone settings, installed apps, customization and all of personal data will erased automatically. So please Backup your all of persona data on PC or any of cloud server like Google Drive, Dropbox etc.
How to hard reset Galaxy s2 using the hardware keys combinations
Galaxy s2 got death ? Would you like to try the last treatment for awaken your Galaxy S2 or If you forget your Galaxy s2 pattern lock / screen lock, and you tried to entire into your phone too many times via using the wrong password or wrong pattern lock, as a result your phone might be locked for couple of hours or maybe 24-48 hours. And now you are not able to access into your Galaxy S2 settings menu, for apply Galaxy S2 factory reset process. Also if your Galaxy S2 won’t turn on then how could you apply Samsung galaxy s2 reset method. Yes still you can fixed your phone via yourself. follow this steps below.
Hard reset Galaxy s2: Awaken your Galaxy s2 – most popular method
Select power off. If your Galaxy S2 won’t turn on and you don’t have any option for switch off your phone, because it’s already turned off.
- Remove your phone battery, wait for 20-30 second and put it back into your phone.
- Now press Volume up key, Home button and Power key together until you feel vibrate and see the Galaxy S2 recovery option on the screen.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset by using Volume down key and confirm via Power button.
- Once you confirm delete all user data, you can see wiping data on the screen and it will be complete in couple of second.
Once you confirm reboot system now, your Galaxy S2 will shut down and get back turn ON itself. Once your Galaxy S2 turn on itself, that means your Galaxy S2 hard reset has been completed and it’s restore with Samsung default factory setting. And I hopefully your pattern lock problem will be fixed and you can reset your Galaxy S2 password easily with new pass-code. You may read more about how to restore Backup to Galaxy s5 or any Samsung Galaxy Smartphone.
Reset Samsung galaxy s2: using factory format reset code
- Once your type this code on your phone, your Galaxy S2 got shut down instantly and will start rebooting itself. Please don’t touch any button; Galaxy S2 will do everything itself.
But before you apply this reset code, be sure you backup Galaxy S2. Because once you type this code into your Galaxy S2, you will not get any chance to cancel or don’t have any option to choice.
Everybody likes to use their phone without restore settings and keep it normal for long time as possible. Please follow this tips below to avoid reboot your Galaxy S2 settings for a long time.
You may also like How to factory reset Galaxy S3
7 Process to avoid Galaxy S2 factory reset – hang – freezing problem
- Update your Galaxy S2 firmware version.
- Check out your internal storage from time to time, while you see your Galaxy S2 have low storage on the phone memory, then remove some unwanted apps.
- And try to avoid big games which take high space to install and crashed often.
- While a games or android apps crashed often, please remove / uninstall that applications and re install the newer version or update that apps this may fixed the unwanted errors on your Galaxy S2.
- Install apps into your external storage like SD card slot instead of phone memory, which will help you to avoid slow response and freezing problem of your Galaxy S2.
- Try to keep available free space on your phone internal memory that will speed up Galaxy S2 performance.
- Scan your phone using antivirus apps, like Avira or others apps that you will get on Google play for free, this process will remove snippet errors from your phone and keep safe your personal information to sync any third-party. (You can get lots of Samsung Galaxy apps on Google play store just for free.)
If you follow these rules I hope you can use your phone for long time without facing any critical problem and you need to factory reset your Galaxy S2 very seldom compared to others.
What will be happened once you perform this Galaxy S2 factory reset method
Your all of personal details will be erased instantly. All kind of Galaxy settings that you were set before will be formatted automatically once you apply this factory reset process. All of your phone call list, saved phone number, music, videos, and images will be formatted which you saved on the phone memory. But your SD card storage doesn’t have any harmful problem due to this Galaxy formatting.
So I suggest you before apply hard reset method into your Galaxy S2, please don’t forget to backup galaxy S2 into your PC or any cloud server or into your phone internal memory if available.
You may also like to know 10 helpful hidden feature of Galaxy S6
Dear readers always you will get unique and something different to learn from ResetTips.com and hopefully this tips will help you lot. If my writing comes in handy at least a little bit my work will be fruitful.
If you faced any other problem into your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone and if it’s not fixed even you apply any of this process, please don’t hesitate to comment below we are always happy to help you. Of course write down your opinion about your phone and if my article help you little.