Factory reset htc one m8 – 3 new tips and unlock htc pattern lock
Factory reset htc one m8: how to fixed htc freezing and touch screen problem. It’s just not responding me and while swipe to down its going right or sometime left. And when I play games on my htc m8, after one and half hours it’s getting freeze for 1-2 minutes and then works again but very slow. I was very disturbed about this problem and I just reset my phone softly and then I see it’s performing little better than before. If you face the same problem as like me, I suggest you to try this process as I have written below.
If you faced other problem into your phone, I mean if you forget your htc one m8 pattern lock and unfortunately your phone got locked due to enter wrong password multiple times. No worry I have also written the process below about how to unlock htc pattern lock via hard reset htc one m8.
Some other benefits to factory reset your htc one m8, once you apply this process into your phone; apps caches will be clean, slow response of your touch screen (due to unwanted apps install) will be fixed, if you having network problem on your phone this will be restored with this factory settings. Once your htc one m8 won’t turn on, even you tried several times via pressing long power button and you might think your htc m8 battery goes down you need to buy new one or need technician for fixed this. But exactly you can fix your problem yourself. But it’s amazing to fix the problem yourself, isn’t it? Let’s get started…
Soft Reset htc one m8
- First turn ON your htc one m8.
- Press & hold the Power button for few second until appears this screen into your m8.
htc one m8 soft reset step 1
- So as you see on the screen “To restart your phone, Press and hold the power and volume up buttons for 10 seconds” So you have to press volume UP and Power button together for 10 seconds.
- The process will say, Continue to pressing the Power and Volume UP buttons, restarting in 3..2..1 second.
htc one m8 soft reset step 2
So if your htc one m8 touch screen is not responsible and get freeze you can try this. The htc soft reset process brings everything backup. I hope this tips will help you.
The reason of hard reset htc one m8
- If you like to remove your personal data due to sell your phone to someone.
- Maybe you forgot htc screen lock password or pattern lock or might be you reset recovery option password.
- If you need to fixed htc one m8 freezing problem, hanging or slow response.
- If you like to resolve unexpected games or apps crashing.
- If you like to restore your htc one m8 to htc default factory settings.
If you faced this kind of problem into your phone, then I suggest you may reset your phone using different method.
But if you don’t face any of these problems into your htc phone, you don’t need to reset and my writing is meaningless. But if you suffered any problem into your phone and if my writing helps you little, I will be very happy.
- At first go to your htc settings menu.
- Tap on settings and then Backup & reset.
- Once you tap of Back & reset, then on the next screen select Reset phone.
- Then on the next screen select OK.
- Once you tap on OK, a popup will appear with this message (You are about to erase all data on this phone including your photos, music and media files. This cannot be reversed. Do you want to continue?) Tap on OK one more time.
- You will see your htc one m8 rebooting and restarting itself.
Once you complete these steps carefully, this process will reboot your phone and wipe all your data and bring it back to htc m8 factory settings.
- At first go your settings > Power > and uncheck the Fast boot
- Now turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button for few second at the same time until appears this screen into your phone.
- Navigate the Volume down button to select Factory reset.
- Then press the Power button to confirm.
Now you can see your htc one m8 don’t have any issues and your pattern / password is unlocked. And now you can set everything as a new phone with new basic information.
3 helpful htc tips which will improve your user experience
Htc phone menu test
Type this code *#*#3424#*#* into your htc phone, you will see this screen below
htc menu test step-1
Tap on accept, once you accept you will see HTC Function Test Menus as below
htc menu test-2
Select any of menu option that you want to test, then tap on Run, then tap off, once you tap OFF, a popup will show this message(Does it work normally?) tap on Yes. Now back light is ON. Restart the process back, as tap ON. As you can see the screen shot below
HTC menu test 3
And again as like before once you tap ON, a popup will show this message (Does it work normally?) tap on Yes.
In these same process you can test every menu of your htc 610 like (Audio Test, Bluetooth Test, Charger Test, Headset Test, SD card + Camera Test, Wi-Fi Test, Backlight Test, Button Test, G-Sensor Test, Line Drawing Test, Vibrator Test) etc.
how to reset a htc phone – reboot to safe mode
Tap & hold the power button until you see this popup screen “Reboot to safe mode” tap on restart, once your htc phone restarted you can see the noticeable Safe mode feature. And to disable / remove the Safe mode just switch off and turn it ON the phone that’s it.
HTC Safe mode 1
You can see the screenshot below as your htc phone now in “safe mode” and for disable safe mode just re start your htc phone and it’s back to normal.
htc Safe mode
How to enable htc USB debugging
For debug htc USB via developer options, you have to enable developer option. To enable developer option swipe top notification for settings menu, or from your home screen you can go to Settings > About > Software information > More > touch Build number seven times.
HTC Developer option 1
After hit 7 times on Build number, then you are now a developer for your htc xxx phone.
HTC Developer option 2
And now to enable htc USB debugging please go to Settings > Developer options > once you see developer options popup tap hit OK. Now you can enable USB debugging. Tap on USB debugging under the developer options, a popup message will appear to you, Allow USB debugging? Tap on ok.
htc usb debuging
How to know your htc one m8 menu information
Just tap on yes button and dial this code *#*#4636#*#* once you dial this code an info menu will appear to you
how to know htc menu info
You can know your Phone information, Battery information, Usage statistics, Wi-Fi information by tap on this each menu.
If you know any kind of topic which will improve the Smartphone or any Smart devices, generally about htc Smart devices, Please don’t pause your self to share it wish us. Your snippet but helpful information and tips can improve our users experience. So please don’t hesitate to comment below. If you have any informative ideas, tips or tricks to improve htc devices please feel free to let us know, or send us your topic including your details and definitely we will approve your post.