Hard reset Galaxy S6: You just know about Galaxy S6 factory reset, is this enough knowledge? Learn more about 10 hidden feature of Galaxy S6, You should know it to increase your knowledge and improve your user experience of Samsung Galaxy S6.
Maybe you just know, how to hard reset Galaxy S6, but you don’t know how to backup Galaxy S6 into cloud server like (Google drive, Dropbox)– SD card – into your PC. So if you don’t know the process, once your Galaxy S6 reset, then how you restore your personal information, like contact number, photos, music – video, browsing history, Wi-Fi settings and other information into your phone and where will you get your all of those things if you not backup your phone
If you don’t backup your phone before apply factory reset as called hard reset method, your all of personal data will be erased automatically once you perform this process. So I hope you would like to know the complete process about soft reset – hard reset – factory reset – backup and restore backup of Galaxy S6. I have written the complete instruction here step by step for you.
Table of content
- 1 Why you need to hard reset Galaxy s6
- 2 Hard reset Galaxy s6: Factory data reset using settings menu
- 3 How to restore Galaxy s6 factory settings using the hardware keys combinations
- 4 Hard reset Galaxy s6: using hardware keys – highly used
- 5 Reset Samsung galaxy s6: using factory format reset code
- 6 7 Process to avoid Galaxy s6 factory reset – hang – freezing problem
- 7 Samsung galaxy s6 hard reset: What will be happened once you perform this method
- 8 Backup Galaxy s6: Easy process of restore backup to Galaxy S6 step by step
- 9 10 hidden feature of Galaxy S6: Must know 10 helpful feature of Galaxy S6
Why you need to hard reset Galaxy s6
- If you think your phone responding you very slow.
- Once you open more than one application on your phone and you get freezing problem due to play games long time or maybe for other issues into your Galaxy S6.
- Once you forget your Galaxy S6 pattern lock and you need to restore the password.
- You think your phone working good, but suddenly your Galaxy S6 won’t turn on. Then you can try to hard reset via 2nd method as I written below.
- If you want to sell your Galaxy S6 and you don’t want to share your personal details other, you may apply this process to format your Galaxy S6 phone.
- At last if you need to restore Galaxy S6 default factory settings just for improve your phone performance, you may also apply this hard reset process.
In this post I have written 3 most popular reset process of Galaxy S6. You may apply any of this process to speed up Galaxy S6.
If your Galaxy S6 responding you too slower than normal Smartphone. I mean, while you open multiple apps on your phone and due to this reason if your Galaxy S6 get freeze and not observe your command, you can apply this process for speed up Galaxy S6 and to fixed freezing and hang problem. But if you’re able to access into your Galaxy S6, then you can apply this factory reset process. But if you can’t access your phone then you have to try the next method.
Once you tap on Erase now, your Galaxy S6 will reboot itself and your all kind of phone settings, installed apps, customization and all of personal data will erased automatically. So please Backup your all of persona data on PC or any of cloud server like Google Drive, Dropbox etc.
You may like How to hard reset Galaxy S4 and Speed up your phone
How to restore Galaxy s6 factory settings using the hardware keys combinations
If you forget your Galaxy S6 pattern lock / screen lock, and you tried to entire into your phone too many times via using the wrong password or wrong pattern lock, as a result your phone might be locked for couple of hours or maybe 24-48 hours. And now you are not able to access into your Galaxy S6 settings menu, for apply Galaxy S6 factory reset process. Also if your Galaxy S6 won’t turn on then how could you apply Samsung galaxy s6 reset method. Yes still you can fixed your phone via yourself. follow this steps below.
Hard reset Galaxy s6: using hardware keys – highly used
Select power off. If your Galaxy S6 won’t turn on and you don’t have any option for switch off your phone, because it’s already turned off.
- Remove your phone battery, wait for 20-30 second and put it back into your phone.
- Now press Volume up key, Home button and Power key together until you feel vibrate and see the Galaxy S6 recovery option on the screen.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset by using Volume down key and confirm via Power button.
- Once you confirm delete all user data, you can see wiping data on the screen and it will be complete in couple of second.
Once you confirm reboot system now, your Galaxy S6 will shut down and get back turn ON itself. Once your Galaxy S6 turn on itself, that means your Galaxy S6 hard reset has been completed and it’s restore with Samsung default factory setting. And I hopefully your pattern lock problem will be fixed and you can reset your Galaxy S6 password easily with new pass-code.
When we going to factory reset Galaxy or hard reset Galaxy S6, this may take little time and we need to complete few easy steps for restore Galaxy factory settings. But if you want to do all of these things at once, I mean hard reset your Galaxy just in a simple way. You can just follow 3rd process to reset Samsung galaxy s6 via using factory format reset code.
Reset Samsung galaxy s6: using factory format reset code
- Once your type this code on your phone, your Galaxy S6 got shut down instantly and will start rebooting itself. Please don’t touch any button; Galaxy S6 will do everything itself.
But before you apply this reset code, be sure you backup Galaxy S6. Because once you type this code into your Galaxy S6, you will not get any chance to cancel or don’t have any option to choice.
Everybody likes to use their phone without restore settings and keep it normal for long time as possible. Please follow this tips below to avoid reboot your Galaxy S6 settings for a long time.
You may also like How to factory reset Galaxy S3
7 Process to avoid Galaxy s6 factory reset – hang – freezing problem
- Update your Galaxy S6 firmware version.
- Check out your internal storage from time to time, while you see your Galaxy S6 have low storage on the phone memory, then remove some unwanted apps.
- And try to avoid big games which take high space to install and crashed often.
- While a games or android apps crashed often, please remove / uninstall that applications and re install the newer version or update that apps this may fixed the unwanted errors on your Galaxy S6.
- Install apps into your external storage like SD card slot instead of phone memory, which will help you to avoid slow response and freezing problem of your Galaxy S6.
- Try to keep available free space on your phone internal memory that will speed up Galaxy S6 performance.
- Scan your phone using antivirus apps, like Avira or others apps that you will get on Google play for free, this process will remove snippet errors from your phone and keep safe your personal information to sync any third-party. (You can get lots of Samsung Galaxy apps on Google play store just for free.)
If you follow these rules I hope you can use your phone for long time without facing any critical problem and you need to factory reset your Galaxy S6 very seldom compared to others.
You may also like How to Backup and unlock Galaxy S5: Easy process of reset
Samsung galaxy s6 hard reset: What will be happened once you perform this method
Your all of personal details will be erased instantly. All kind of Galaxy settings that you were set before will be formatted automatically once you apply this factory reset process. All of your phone call list, saved phone number, music, videos, and images will be formatted which you saved on the phone memory. But your SD card storage doesn’t have any harmful problem due to this Galaxy formatting.
So I suggest you before apply hard reset method into your Galaxy S6, please don’t forget to backup galaxy S6 into your PC or any cloud server or into your phone internal memory if available.
Backup Galaxy s6: Easy process of restore backup to Galaxy S6 step by step
To keep safe from delete / format your contact number, files-folders, music-video and other personal information, this is very essential to backup your phone before perform hard reset method. To do so please follow this steps below.
- Now press Volume up key, Home button and Power key together until you feel vibrate and see the Galaxy S6 recovery option on the screen.
- Then select backup or backup to internal sdcard. If you don’t have SD card then select backup. This backup will save on phone internal memory.
- Once Galaxy S6 Backup complete. Select reboot system now and confirm via power button.
- Once you confirm restore you will get available back date as you backup your phone before. Choice one from them and then confirm via Power button.
Once you confirm then your backup will be restored into your Galaxy S6 with your all data and personal information even browsing history too.
You would like 5 Simple tips that’s really works to speed up Galaxy
10 hidden features for the Galaxy S6 that you may don’t know about, I have researched this helpful tips for you, let’s get started with the first one
Tips #1 – Galaxy S6 Direction lock: setup Direction lock and unlock the feature if you forget password
This is a different type of lock screen; you probably don’t have on your Galaxy S6 right now, so let’s show how you get the direction lock settings. Follow these easy instruction to set direction lock into your Galaxy S6 and direction backup password.
- Go to Galaxy S6 settings menu and then Accessibility
- Then tap on Direction lock under the Accessibility
- Once Galaxy Direction lock is on tap on Screen lock type
- And then tap on Direction lock under the settings of Screen lock type
- Once you tap on Screen lock type you will get the option (Create series of directions) to draw your direction lock. You have to swipe / draw direction 4 times to set your lock type.
- In the next screen draw / swipe the same directions and confirm
- Once you confirm then set backup pin to reset / unlock your Galaxy S6 direction lock (if you forget your series of directions).
- Next into the Notifications on lock screen then you can decide on a large screen if you want to show or hide the content make sure Show content is marked and then tap on done.
- Once you locked your phone you’ll see a big empty space here and people that don’t use it, won’t even know it has a helpful description on the Galaxy S6 screen (Draw series of directions to unlock screen)
Once you draw / swipe the direction as you created before will unlock your Galaxy S6 as like others unlocked system. That’s a really different style of lock I like it and it’s really interesting unique.
Tips #2 – Shortcut keys: Setup Galaxy shortcut keys
Now a great hidden feature definitely comes from the keyboard this one’s called shortcut keys. Now there’s many keyboard on the Google Play store but for the Galaxy S6 one of the biggest reasons why use the keyboard decide to auto correction, auto capitalize all of kind a fun stuff you need both use they keyboard swipe in two different ways is definitely going to be the Text shortcuts. So for the tech shortcuts you can input a word or later and once you put that it be like
Automatically expand (hey) once you press this number (4), it will have that expanded flat surface up. let’s see how to do it…
- At first go to your settings and then Language and input.
- On the next screen select Samsung keyboard.
- Under the Samsung keyboard settings select Text shortcuts.
- And the next screen you can Add or Delete text shortcuts depend on use.
Tips #3 – Customize notifications: Block unnecessary apps notifications on your phone
So with the Galaxy S6 we have sound notification section under the settings. This is really great especially for those games that consciously pop-up ads on your phone. You can just block all the notifications and will never get that any more. To do so follow these easy steps below.
- Go to Sounds and notifications under the Galaxy S6 settings menu.
- On the next screen tap on App notifications.
- Under the App notifications tap any of these app, that you want to customize notifications.
- And then you can customize notifications (Block notifications, Set a priority, Hide content on lock screen) very easily.
Tips #4 – Smart lock: unlock your Galaxy S6 with direction system
Now with the next feature, we have something really convenient for your lock screen today is called smart lock. Smart lock comes from the lock screen security section. To set your Smart lock into your Galaxy S6 follow these instruction below.
- At first go to Lock screen and security under your Galaxy S6 settings menu.
- Then tap on Secure lock settings under the Lock screen and security.
- Tap on Smart Lock on the next screen.
- Then place your fingertip on the Home key to verify your identity.
- As I am home so I don’t need to tap on Trusted places, so for connect with trusted devices tap on Trusted devices under the Smart Lock section.
And do you have location ON for Trusted places to work mind you and for trusted devices you can have Bluetooth speakers so or headphone.
So ON my Bluetooth headphones are connected it will not need me to use lock screen and same with other trusted devices such as NFC tags.
So as soon as your Bluetooth devices connected, you will not mean to put in your lock screen fingerprint, password whatever you’d normally have right away. Now important to know if your corporation has overwrite your phone you might not be able to utilize this as normal.
So it’s just something to point out because my friends and my girlfriends’ corporation, we’ll keep this from working because she presses like fun it when locked no matter what.
But for everyone else this is a really great feature. So that we’re home or you wanna connected to your Bluetooth device you’re listening music you don’t need to consciously put in password.
Tips #5 – Pin windows: Simple way to keep your phone secure from kids
Now we have another helpful feature and its gonna come from pin windows. So pin windows a cool hidden feature that we solve the problem if you ever have a kid and just want them stay on one game or if you want to have a website on and don’t want it to move to anything else accidentally.
Well this where you have pin window, so to set pin window follow these steps below
- Go to Lock screen and security under the Galaxy S6 settings menu.
- Then scroll up and tap on Other security settings.
- Then tap on Pin windows.
- On the next screen Turn ON Pin windows.
- Once you turn ON pin windows then press the recent apps key, and then you’ll see a little pin icon right there.
- So we’re going to the Play store, and I am gonna hit this pin icon.
- Tap on Start (it will ask for fingerprint before unpinning)
Once pin window start for a specific page, I can’t go out from this Play store, even I can browse play store and go backward / forward.
To unpinning this window press and hold recent app and back button at the same time.
Then you can see (Application no longer locked on screen)
Then it will ask for Use fingerprints to unlock Galaxy S6
Once your press your finger, your Galaxy S6 will be unlocked and get you the normal mode.
Tips #6 – Samsung notification reminder: Customize your Galaxy S6 notification
Do you have a time when you want to remember something, but unfortunately you dismiss notification, well leave an occasion there and kind of get to later and you forgot about it. Well with the notification reminder you won’t have that problem. You can set notification reminder in a different process into your Galaxy S6 that will inform you every 1-2-3 or 5 minutes as you want. Let’s see how to set and customize the notification reminder.
- At first go to Accessibility under the Galaxy S6 settings menu.
- And then tap on Notification reminder.
- Once you turned ON Notification reminder you can set / customize notification as you want. You can turn ON / OF Vibrate, LED indicator notification
- Even if you want you can set Reminder interval for get notification into every 15 seconds or 5 minutes.
If just set notification probably every five minutes, I didn’t get really annoying but it’s just a really great way to make sure you remember when you have to do something, Galaxy reminder will notify it right away. You can customize every single app notification as depend on your necessity.
Tips #7 – Direct access: increase galaxy s6 battery life via active this feature
Direct access – this hidden feature is my favorites. This offers a really cool feature and that comes from to hitting the home key three times. So hit the home key three times you can do a bunch of different things.
However really inside of this I only really find great skill to be the most useful, a great way to save my battery when I don’t really need to use color and it’s really quick feature. Let’s show you how to set direct access and how it works.
- Again as before go to Accessibility under the settings.
- And then tap on Direct access.
- Under Direct access settings Turn ON the Grayscale and make sure Direct access is turned ON
- Once you can hit the home button three times, your home screen will be Gray and once you hit three times again your home screen will be colored.
It’s a really great feature to have and I really like it, I mean if I can do certain things like that, I really like the idea of this. I just wish they had more apps store.
Tips #8 – Galaxy gear wake up gesture for S6
Now a hidden feature that has been improved on more than has been dramatically change is just your wake-up. wake-up feature has been the couple of older Samsung devices too. To use this feature please turn On your Gesture wake-up. to do so follow these steps below.
- As like before go to your settings and then Accessibility and then tap on Dexterity and interaction.
- And then under then Dexterity and interaction tap on Gesture wake up.
- Then turn ON Gesture wake up
Put your Galaxy S6 on a stable surface with the screen facing up. After the screen has turned off, move your hand above the sensor as shown in the image above. The screen will turn back ON.
Tips #9 – Galaxy S6 camera hidden features
Now we have a camera hidden feature, this process will take your selfy automatically using your palm confirmation. To do so follow these steps below.
- Turn around your front camera and go to camera settings.
- Then turn on Gesture control.
- Once you turned it ON, when Galaxy detect your palm like that
It will take a picture. Something simple quick and easy but something that you don’t know, yes my 10 hidden feature about that.
Tips #10 – Galaxy S6 NFC voice tag
So the last one is about NFC voice tag. So NFC are little stickers or tags that you can leave around anywhere and they’re meant to do things like launcher and applications or do certain things.
However Samsung has a really nifty built in feature that I really like. Se how NFC tag works.
- Again go to Accessibility under settings and then Vision.
- Then tap on Voice Label.
So using Voice labels you can record whatever saying you want and then once you’re done recording, it will say hey now read on to NFC tag which is one that we have here.
- When you need to listen the recording you did, just simply tap the NFC stickers (back side of your phone)
- And once you tap the NFC sticker, system will play your recording
It comes out with the voice tag. Now obviously this comes to use for someone that is blind and can’t see very well.
Dear readers always you will get unique and something different to learn from ResetTips.com and hopefully this tips will help you lot. If my writing comes in handy at least a little bit my work will be fruitful.
If you faced any other problem into your Galaxy S6 and if it’s not fixed even you apply any of this process, please don’t hesitate to comment below we are always happy to help you. Also comment below about how you enjoy the 10 hidden feature of Galaxy S6.